A baby sailor outfit can work for boys or girls. It makes for adorable pictures for a birth announcement or a first birthday. This has a vintage effect to it so it can even be a family tradition if you have a picture of yourself or even your grandparents in one of these little suits.
1. Nautical Bodysuit Check Price
2. Romper Hat OutfitCheck Price
3. Blue Anchor OnesieCheck Price
4. Navy Blue Boys Tuxedo Suit Check Price
5. Navy and White SuitCheck Price
6. Blue Stripe Sun Hat Check Price
Sailor Outfits for Boys
1. Go with something that is machine washable. This may not be true of most vintage designs and sometimes it may even have to be ironed. While the classic color scheme is blue and white try a darker navy suit with a light stripe if you’re going to use it a lot to hide stains better.
2. Keep it comfortable. This can just be a onesie with an anchor on it that can be worn with little denim shorts. The cutest part is probably the hat anyways.
3. Use this as a dress costume. I’ve seen little boy tuxedos before but I think this is such a cute style and you can probably use the jacket with other outfits.
4. Choose a romper or a body suit. It can still have the trim or edging details but it will be cheaper and easier to care for.
Baby Sailor Outfit Patterns
I was expecting that there would be a lot more sewing patterns but most of these are for either knitting or crocheting.
1. Knit a Baby Sailor Outfit Check Price
2. 1910 Boys Check Price
3. Kindle EditionCheck Price
4. KNITTED SAILOR CARDIGAN
This style also works for baby girls. In fact you can find it in most sizes so it would make for adorable family photos with each kid in a different sailor style.
You may be sick of the basic pink for your baby girl. She can wear navy if it’s vintage inspired enough! I like dresses just for this reason because rompers can look like it’s more for a boy in this style.
Sticking with classic stripes looks less like a costume. It’s more casual and stripes are even popular in women’s fashion. It can also be combined with other trends like a tutu skirt.
Buy quality because this can be a keepsake piece. It may be one of her first photo shoots or your daughter’s christening dress. This is a memorable piece that she can even pass down to her daughters someday.
1. Rare Editions Check Price
2. Petit BateauCheck Price
3. Bonnie Baby SparklingCheck Price
4. Bunnies By The BayCheck Price
5. Nautical Capri SetCheck Price
6. Nautical DressCheck Price